martes, 16 de junio de 2015

Nail Care Update..! Everything You Need To Know About My Nail Care Routine...



Today my naked nails will be the main topic of this post.
All I do to keep my nails strong and healthy. 


Hoy mis uñas al desnudo seran el tema principal de este post.
Todo lo que hago para que mis uñas esten siempre fuertes y sanas. 





About 2 years ago, I started to use this nail strengthener by OPI.. This formula is the Original Nail Envy. 
Why I opted for this one?
My nails were very weak, no matter what, they grew very slow and the slightest blow made it brake and chip on the tips. Too bad!.
I used to see good reviews about the OPI brand. The first person I saw using this nail envy was Vilcis on youtube, in most of her videos she pictured this bottle as her base coat for her manis. So I wanted to give it a try.
There are 5 different Envy from OPI. Each one for each kind of nail. 
My nails just needed to be a bit stronger, so this one was perfect for my nails.



Hace como 2 años atras, empece a usar este fortalecedor de OPI.. Esta formula es la Original Nail Envy. 
Porque opte por este?
Mis uñas eran muy debiles, sin importar que, ellas crecian lentas y el mas pequeño golpe hacia que se partiera y descasque en las puntas. Que mal!.
Siempre veia buenas reseñas de la marca OPI. La primera persona que yo veia que usaba este fortalecedor fue Vilcis en sus videos de youtube, en la mayoria de sus videos ella usaba este como su base protectora para sus manis. Asi que dicidi probarlo. 
Hay 5 formulas diferentes de OPI. Cada una para cada tipo de uña.
Las mias solo necesitaban ser un poco mas fuertes, asi que este era perfecta para mi.




I saw huge difference after I started to use this base coat, in within one month my nails were stronger and were growing even faster. I used it once or twice per week, alone or as my base coat. 
Now I do not need to use it that often, my nails are strong enough to use this, now i use it twice or 3 times per month is more than enough. 

Not all the time I use a base coat under my designs, any base coat will help prevent the nails from staining, but as a nail blogger I don't care to have my nails yellow. 



Vi una gran diferencia luego de usar esta formula, al rededor de un mes empeze a ver los cambios, mis uñas eran mas fuertes y crecian mas rapido. Solia usarlo una vez por semana o tal vez 2, solo o como mi base protectora. 
Ahora no necesito usarlo tan seguido, mis uñas son lo suficientemente fuertes para usarlo, ahora lo uso de 2 a 3 veces por mes es mas que suficiente.

No siempre uso base protectora en mis manis, cualquier base ayuda a prevenir las manchas amarillas, pero como bloguera no me importa tener las uñas amarillas. 




For my cuticles.. 
I do not remove my cuticles at all!
I did this cuticle oil at home using rosemery oil and olive oil in same quantity. 
How did I get this combo?
I was trying this on my hair .. But I never finish what I start, but I noticed that my hands were soften and my cuticles very clean, so I kept it as my home-made cuticle oil.
I use this 2 to 3 times per week. But sometimes I forget to use it the whole week.. 



Para mis cuticulas..
Yo no me quito las cuticulas, ni las corto! 
Hice este aceite para cuticulas en casa usando aceite de romero y aceite de olica en cantidades iguales.
Como llegue a esta combinacion?
Estaba tratandolo en mi cabello.. Pero yo nunca termino lo que empiezo, pero si note que mis manos estaban mas suaves y mis cuticulas mucho mas limpias, asi que se quedo como mi aceite hecho en casa. 
Lo uso de 2 a 3 veces por semana. Pero a veces olvido usarlo toda la semana... 



About 8 months ago, I also decided to use this famous butter cuticle cream. Although I hate lemon scent, it gives my hands and cuticles extra soften skin and extra hydration. Healthy cuticles = healthy nails. 


Hace como 8 meses atras, tambien decidi usar esta famosa crema para cuticulas. Aunque no me guste el olor a limon, esta le da a mis manos y cuticulas extra suavidad e hidratacion. Cuticulas sanas = uñas sanas. 



I like to file my nails with this metal thing, this one is from flormar. I tried the glass file but did not work for me, so I'm staying with my old one.. But I need a new one :P... After I file my nails I like to use the buffer to smooth all the tips and as you can see is so old as well..

How often I file them? 
Sometimes once a week, sometimes every 2 weeks.  


Me gusta limarme las uñas con una lima de metal, este es de Flormar. Trate con un de vidrio o mejor conocido como "Glass File" pero como que no me gusto mucho, asi que me quedo con mi viejo, aunque necesito uno nuevo :P.. Despues de limarlas me gusta suavizar los bordes con este 'buffer' y como pueden ver tambien esta algo viejo.

Que tan seguido me limo las uñas?
A veces 1 vez a la semana, a veces cada 2 semanas. 




But that is not all, if you thought that the nail polish remover or acetone does not affect the cuticles or the nails, then you were so wrong...


Pero esto no es todo, si creyeron que la acetona o el quita esmalte no tiene efecto sobre las cuticulas o las uñas, entonces estan muy mal. 


BEST REMOVER EVER!!!


First let me show you the best nail polish remover I have ever tried. 
Why? 
This remover contains softening oils and Aloe Vera that prevents the drying nail and hardening of  the cuticle, and guess what? IT DEFINITELY WORKS.. Is like having 2 products in one, while removing the polish (and it does is so fast) also soften the cuticles, I don't have to worry about that it would dry my cuticles and moisturize them after using it, this remover does it by itself. 


Primero dejenme mostrarles el mejor quita esmalte que he probado. 
Porque? 
Este quita esmalte contiene aceites suavizantes y aloe vera como ven en la botella que evita el rececamiento de las uñas y el endurecimiento de las cuticulas, y que creen? SI FUNCIONA.. Es como tener 2 prodcutos en 1, mientras remueve el esmalte (y lo hace bastante rapido) tambien suaviza las cuticulas, no tengo que preocuparme por que se me resequen las cuticulas y humectarlas despues de usarlo, este quita esmalte lo hace por si solo.  






But ... what happens when I change my remover by this regular one because I ran out of my magical one? 
I really like the brand Sally Hansen, their polishes are amazing so I thought ok the remover must be good. 
Aaaand this happened: 



Pero que pasa cuando cambias el removedor por uno regular porque se acabo el otro?
Personalmente me gusta mucho la marca Sally Hansen, sus esmaltes son geniales asi que pense, ok entonces el removedor debe ser bueno tambien.
Yyyyyy esto paso:




Can you see that little bomb? Belive me, if I used it more time I would had more than one because it happened before with another remover, it was worse that this one, so I believe their formula were pretty similar. My skin was awful, damaged and itchy. 


Pueden ver esa bolita? Creanme, si hubiese usado el removedor por mas tiempo tendria mas de una porque ya me ha pasado antes con otra marca, estaba peor que esta, asi que creo que su formula era muy similar. Mi piel estaba malisima, dañada y con comezon. 



There you can see dried nails and skin around it. 
This may not happen to everyone, perhaps my skin is very delicate for this formula.


Aqui pueden ver la uña un poco seca y la piel al rededor seca.
Esto pueda que no le suceda a todos, talvez mi piel es muy delicada para esta formula.  






Last but not leats! 
WEAR GLOVES! 
If you have to work at home, wear them.
All these chemical products to clean the house damage the skin and so the nails. 
Take care of yourself ;) - Just like my hubby, look what he brings me to take care of my nails... Even he knows that.. 


Y por ultimo!
USA GUANTES!
Si tienes que trabajar en casa, usalos.
Todos estos quimicos para limpiar la casa daña la piel y tambien las uñas.
Cuidate ;) - AL igual que mi esposo, miren lo que me trae para que cuide mis uñas.. Incluso el lo sabe... 



FAQ:


Q: How you keep your nails so strong?
A: All I have shown here is what I do. Nothing else.

Q: How you keep them so long?
A: I just don't cut them.

Q: How you avoid nails from breaking? 
A: Unfortunately my nails do break sometimes, but I like to avoid that. The oil I use also gives my nails some flexibility so they don't break with the minimum stroke. 
I do things slowly and very careful. I don't use my nails as tools.

Q: Do you remove your cuticles?
A: No, I don't. I do no have any to remove due to my routine, I always keep my nails and skin moisturized and that avoids my cuticles from drying.

Q: How to avoid hanging nails?
A: Same as previous = moisturizing! It is important.

Q: Any suggestion for nail biters? 

A: Yes! Just paint your nails... When you have a pretty design you don't want to ruin it. Specially if that took you more than an hour. So go ahead. Also you can check CutePolish 's video where she shows 5 different ways to stop biting your nails. It is extremely helpful.

Q: Are your nails natural?
A: YES they are, this question really annoys me, specially when people assume that they are fake even before asking, when I have answered it like millions of times. Why is it so hard to believe that someone can actually have such healthy nails? 
There you have a bunch of pictures of my nakies in all the possible angles xD.


P: Como mantienes tus uñas fuertes?
R: Todo lo que he mostrado aqui es lo que hago. Nada mas. 

P: Como las llevas tan largas?
R: Yo no me las corto. 

P: Como previenes que se te partan las uñas?
R: Desafortunadamente mis uñas si se parten a veces. Pero me gusta prevenir eso, el aceite que uso tambien me da la flexibilidad que mis uñas necesitan para que no se partan con el mas minimo golpe. Me gusta hacer las cosas despacio y cuidadosamente. No uso mis uñas como herramienta. 

P: Te quitas las cuticulas?
R: No, Yo no tengo cuticulas que remover debido a mi cuidado. Siempre llevo las manos y uñas muy humectadas y eso impide la resequedad de las cuticulas.

P: Como evitas los padrastros?
R: Al igual que la anterior = humectando! Es importante. 

P: Alguna sugerencia para no comerse las uñas?
R: Si! Solo pintate las uñas... Cuando llevas un diseño muy bonito no vas a querer arruinarlo, especialmente si este te llevo mas de una hora. Asi que adelante. Tambien pueden ver CutePolish en youtube, ella muestra 5 maneras diferentes para dejar de morder las uñas. Es de mucha ayuda.

P: Son tus uñas naturales?
R: SI. Esta pregunta es la que mas me molesta, especialmente cuando la gente asume que son falsas sin antes haber preguntado, cuando yo ya la he respondido mas de mil veces. Porque les cuesta creer que alguien pueda tener uñas sanas? 
Pues ahi les deje fotos de mis uñas al desnudo en todos los angulos posibles xD.

____________________________________

I really hope you find this loooong review helpful, if you made it till here yayy.. if you still have any doubts leave me a comment.. 
Have a great day..


Espero que les haya sido de mucha ayuda esta laaaarga reseña, si llegaron hasta aqui yaaayy.. Si todavia tienen alguna duda dejenme un comentario.. 
Tengan un buen dia.. 



© Copyright 
All Right Reserved.

Todas las imagenes 
estan sujetas a derecho de autor

3 comentarios:

  1. I follow you on Instagram from a while ago and just now I noticed that you have a blog too. I am very interested of nail care so I came to read your detailed post. First I have to mention that you have gorgeous and healthy looking nails and I love the shape of it! I browsed your blog and found a lot of stunning nail art, your very talented and skilled. You have a new follower! Have a great day!

    ResponderBorrar
    Respuestas
    1. I usually mention this blog in my captions, specially when a design is more detailed here people can see a lot of more pics instead of spaming IG with the same pictures xD... but yes people barely visit it.
      Thank you so much for leaving a comment it makes me very happy :))))
      and thanks for following I appreciate it a looott xoxo

      Borrar
  2. I would like to know what kind of hand cream or lotion do you use?

    ResponderBorrar