viernes, 24 de junio de 2016

I Answer Your Questions ;)

Pictures: 

I use a light box to take my pictures. I think that it gives me more of a color accuracy, does not create shades and my skin tone looks better. 
Pictures are soft, better lit and clearer. 

This light box is a little old =D but still does the job very well.





To take them I use a 'Canon Rebel t3' and 1 lamp with white bulb.
I did not buy the camera for my nails, I already had it before getting into this .. 


And this is how it is set up.. Pretty simple: 



The 'yellow lamp' must be on..
I also like to use the camera flash.. but it hits the top of the light box (the white paper) instead of my hands / nails.. 
This is definitely not the fanciest way but it totally works.. 
All my pictures are taken this way.. 

I hold my camera with my right hand, I place my left hand inside the light box and take the pictures.. And yes, the camera is that close to the light box. 


Beginning Of Nail Art: 

I remember that the very first nail art I did, or my sister did on my nails was when I was 15 years old.. 
We bought a 'nail art pen' and for curiosity she drew on my nails some symbols, happy faces and silly stuff.. 
Then I did a iridescent pink nails with a very thin black line in the middle (vertically) and we called it 'cat eyes nails' 

But mostly and very rarely I used to do my nails and they consisted in a solid color with some stickers.. 
And I was a nail biter.

I was introduced to 'real nail art' like 4 years ago if I am not mistaken..
And that is when my passion for nails started. 

This is not my career, not a dream from my childhood.. This was just a hobby 

At the beginning I had no idea what I was doing, but I was very proud of my work..
I wasn't that good.. but with time I became better and better 
And if I look back at the nails I did years ago I would be so ashamed, haha.. 
So practice makes perfect. 


Gradient: 

Well, I really suck with gradient hahaha.. Sorry I don't have any trick for a good gradient
But, I do believe that metallic polishes blend better than the creamy ones ;)
I guess you can practice with them 
And it is kind of annoying to clean around the nails.. 
I don't do too much solid gradient...

I like to do more randomly sponge on the nails
More abstract, better for me. 


Where I Am From: 

So, I was asked a few times if I'm Russian. 
I feel a little bit offended, not because of Russia, but because most people think that only Russians are good at this nail art thing.. 
It is like "If you're good at nail art, then you must be Russian".. Well no..
There are so many talented people from all around the world.  

I was born in Brazil, 
I am Lebanese,
Raised in Colombia

Currently living.. somewhere in this world.. 


Favorite Topcoat: 

''Super Shine'' by Sally Hansen.  
I use it almost all the time. 
You had probably noticed it on my videos xD.. 





Towel Art: 

For now, I don't think so.. 


Other Hobbies: 

(overthinking)... 

I like to watch a lot of youtube..
Movies, 
Sometimes I draw when I am bored.. 
I don't think I have any other particular hobby at this point.. 


Followers: 

When I get this question I feel like 'the new people' are trying so desperate to get followers  just a few week or months after they built their account.. 
I created my IG account 3 years ago. 
I have 835 pictures posted.. And I have improved since then..

At the beginning it was just taking pictures with my phone anywhere just to show the nails.. 
Also with time I improved my art
After a while I started using a light box for better pictures and getting even better with the nail art. 
Then I started to use a real camera for even better pictures.. 

I have done so many nail art and tutorials.. 
Writing captions, interacting with my followers 
I also got featured in big accounts with more than 1M followers .. 
That also helped.. 

I did not built my account in 1 day.. It has been 3 long years with this journey that only started as a hobby. 

There are also hashtags.. and this is how people will be able to see what you post and to find you..

One more thing.. 

What is the point of having soooo many followers if only a few of them are active? 

When I had 22k followers, My pictures used to have more than 1500 likes.. 
The more followers I gained, the less active they become..

Right now I have 101k followers and my pictures only have 500 likes and less than 1000 .. 

Don't be so desperate.. 
Just enjoy doing what you like.. 
Have fun.. 


No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario